Reports to: FM, Security & HSE Manager
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Oversee and supervise all aspects of operations of the Security Department within the Venue including:
- Patrolling of the facility internally/externally on a regular managed basis.
- Operation and monitoring of the security equipment (CCTV, DVR’s alarm systems etc) and associated control room spaces.
- Supervise and as necessary roster the security staff and contracting organisations
- Recruit security staff as necessary.
- Arrange training for members of the security team pursuant to appropriate industry standards dealing with patrons, community groups and staff.
- Ensure the operations of the department work within the requirements of health and safety legislation.
- Ensure the operations of the department work within the requirements of GDPR legislation.
- Develop Security and contingency plans for the venue.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Supervise the Security Department to respond to the needs of the operational departments within the Venue.
- Liaise with promoters giving regular feedback and advice as may be required.
- Organise the security of performances and daily operations in cooperation with the House Management and liaise with all other departments as necessary.
- Ensure the department runs within the operational budget provided and in reference to the Venue’s Financial Officer and Chief Executive or delegate.
- Undertake and supervise post event analysis and inputting data as necessary into the Event Scheduling package.
- Provide all Departments with data as requested.
- Provide any reports that may be required by the Venue and company executives.
- *Work evening and weekend hours as necessary and or required.
- Travel to events and conferences as directed and provided by the company on an as required basis.
- Other duties as may be required by the management.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Current SIA Door Supervisors Licence
- Current SIA CCTV Licence
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- Awareness of Counter Terrorism (ACT or Project Griffin)
- Fire Awareness Training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent customer care skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations (including those involving conflict
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Reliable and flexible
- Management qualification and/or relevant management experience
- Experience working in the event industry e.g. Door Supervision, and/or Event Stewarding or Venue Security
- Crowd management experience
How to Apply
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to: email@example.com
TECA are hosting a recruitment evening on Tuesday 12 March, for all those interested in a career at the brand new venue.
Careers will be available in various areas of the business including events, hospitality, operations and food & beverage.
This is a free drop in event, taking place at AECC, Bridge of Don on Tuesday 12 March 2019 from 4pm – 8pm, all are welcome, no need to pre register.