Reports to: Security Supervisor
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Provide a 24/7 service, securing company staff, guests and property.
- Provide cover in the Control Room and carry out other duties as assigned
- Monitor the CCTV System in compliance with the venue CCTV policies and procedures.
- Ensure all building systems including, but not limited to, fire system, and house radio, are fully functional and maintained.
- Administer security applications and provide management information or evidence for the authorities, as required.
- Assist with the development all venue security / emergency / evacuation / business continuity plans and procedures.
- To manage access control systems for staff, tenants, visitors, contractors and productions.
- To conduct internal external security patrols
- Work with the Duty Manager during events should an emergency situation arise.
- Liaise with emergency services as and when required.
- Liaise with visiting production security for any breaches of house policy or procedures.
- Assist with investigation into insurance claims.
- Investigate and record accidents when reported on site.
- Advise management of any external site issues.
- Responsible for the receipt of goods and deliveries, ensuring that correct paperwork is obtained, and the relevant departments informed, whilst remaining vigilant in case of a suspect package.
- To be fully conversant with the Company’s security and safety procedures and make decisions or referrals as appropriate
- To provide assistance to other departments as required
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Supervisor or Department Head.
- Provide fire warden capability as required.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Current SIA Door Supervisors Licence
- Current SIA CCTV Licence
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- Awareness of Counter Terrorism (ACT or Project Griffin)
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Fire Awareness Training
- Must have excellent customer care skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Experience working in the event industry
- Supervision, and/or Event Stewarding or Venue Security
- Crowd management experience
How to Apply
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TECA are hosting a recruitment evening on Tuesday 12 March, for all those interested in a career at the brand new venue.
Careers will be available in various areas of the business including events, hospitality, operations and food & beverage.
This is a free drop in event, taking place at AECC, Bridge of Don on Tuesday 12 March 2019 from 4pm – 8pm, all are welcome, no need to pre register.