- To support the General Manager in the effective operation of the Bonus Arena including assisting visitors, arranging appointments, correspondence, meeting coordination and minutes/note taking.
- To work closely with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure that the highest possible standards of customer service are attained and the best possible event experience is delivered.
- To co-ordinate the Customer Concerns Procedure including responding to and managing customer correspondence and produce response letters when required.
- Provide the SMT with administrative support as required.
- To liaise with centralised booking to ensure the delivery of the venue hire process; distributing, co-ordinating and filing returned agreements when applicable.
- To manage the office reception function, including the answering of incoming telephone calls and, where appropriate, the subsequent redirection of calls to colleagues.
- To coordinate the procurement of office supplies and services.
- Manage petty cash and ordering of change.
- Responsible for HR administration; providing and maintaining accurate and timely employee information to the Corporate HR team and venue SMT as required.
- Provide HR representation at interviews and formal employee relations meetings with support from Corporate HR.
- Assist in the recruitment activity; preparing adverts and screening applications for Casual personnel.
- Creating and maintaining casual worker records on the HR system
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the General Manager and Corporate HR team
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of popular culture including music, comedy, sport and entertainment
- Knowledge of the local and regional business community and economy
- Knowledge of how an efficient and effective office can be run
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’ – written and verbal, including a professional telephone and e-mail manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work efficiently with colleagues from across all disciplines
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Must have good attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Effective team player
- Able to self-motivate, prioritise, plan and organise
- Have a proactive approach
- A flexible approach to working with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Minimum of two years working in a similar role in a similar busy office environment
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy events and venue setting (desirable not essential)
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Office Administrator might be required to work at other venues operated by SMG.