Reports to: Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Daily management of all food stock deliveries
- Overall responsibility to ensure all washing and cleaning duties are carried out within the kitchens
- Work closely with kitchen team and front of House team to ensure both, have adequate clean cutlery, crockery and all necessary equipment
- Responsible for completion of all Cleaning Schedules as evidence of Due Diligence
- To ensure the dishwashers are kept clean and notify Head Chef/Exec Chef of any breakdown or need for repair
- Responsible for the stock control and internal ordering of all necessary cleaning chemicals/products within required timescale
- Responsible for the training of other kitchen porters with regard to hazardous equipment and chemicals
- Responsible for all laundry associated with the kitchen, oven clothes, chef’s whites and kitchen porter uniforms
- Responsible for cleanliness and storage of all crockery and cutlery
- To ensure all duties carried out are done so whilst complying with Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations
- Any other reasonable duties required and in the best interests of the AECC
- Assist Chefs in the prompt storage of all deliveries
- Follow Companies Sustainability procedures with regard to separation and Disposal of Waste
- Assist chefs where appropriate with basic food prep
- Ensure all deliveries are checked, stored immediately on arrival to comply with EHO guidelines and prevent cross contamination.
- Manage stock rotation (FIFO)
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative.
- The ability to operate unsupervised.
- Flexible and reliable with the ability to work as part of a team but also using their own initiative.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience in a high pressure and volume kitchen and will need to have an up to date basic health and hygiene certificate.
How to Apply
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to: email@example.com
TECA are hosting a recruitment evening on Tuesday 12 March, for all those interested in a career at the brand new venue.
Careers will be available in various areas of the business including events, hospitality, operations and food & beverage.
This is a free drop in event, taking place at AECC, Bridge of Don on Tuesday 12 March 2019 from 4pm – 8pm, all are welcome, no need to pre register.