- Create and produce menus to the high quality expected, ensuring all food production is of the highest standard.
- Provide management and financial information as well as stock figures as required.
- Ensure compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Assist the management in optimising all revenue streams to maintain sales growth.
- To plan for events and ensure that all areas are prepared and set up for forthcoming events.
- Work cooperatively with the Conference & Event Sales team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
- Assist with all administrative duties including goods received notes and correct invoicing.
- Manage the performance and development of all kitchen staff.
- Produce and manage rotas and staff resources.
- Source quality food and kitchenware.
- Effectively manage kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
- Ensure all available resources are used to their optimum to ensure a smoothly run and profitable operation.
- Work in partnership with all other arena departments to ensure best available resources are available.
- Work closely with the Head of Food & Beverage on kiosk menu and cleanliness of all concourse Food & Beverage.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Head of Food & Beverage.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Relevant industry professional catering qualifications and evidence of continuous development.
- Minimum of three years working in a responsible role in a similar, high volume, customer focussed venue.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
- Show flair and imagination in menu design and an enthusiasm for innovative ideas.
- Extensive knowledge of, and interest in, food including current and emerging trends.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the management of statutory requirements.
- Experience of organising hospitality, functions and events.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations and as a minimum, hold a basic food hygiene certificate.
- Experience of leading and developing a team.
- Experience of providing excellent customer care.
- Experience of budget/cost management.
- Experience of working with colleagues at all levels throughout a company.
- Proven IT experience.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Head Chef will be required to work at other venues operated by SMG.