- To carry out planned preventative maintenance work on all building services systems including HVAC, lighting, power distribution, UPS, direct hot and cold water systems.
- To comply with work instructions generated by the CAFM system.
- Respond to alarms generated by the Building Management System.
- Provide local knowledge and supervision of external sub-contract maintenance works including supervision of site visits to minimise the impact on the core business.
- To deputise for the Senior Technician and perform other duties as assigned.
To undertake general administrative duties for the Facilities Services Department, including providing local knowledge, health & Safety guidance and supervision of external contract maintenance works.
Carry out supervisors duties in the absence of the Senior Technician. Order materials, gaining competitive prices for supplies, planning minor installation work, responding to general problems not covered by maintenance, attending meetings and completing associated actions.
To communicate politely and effectively with internal and external customers, including suppliers, service providers, patrons, fellow team members and staff from other departments and venues.
- To support the other roles within the department, providing assistance when and where requested.
- Working, under the close supervision of the Senior Technician, on the maintenance of the HVAC plant within the buildings to include electrical and technical issues.
- To carry out general building maintenance including: painting, door repairs, seat repairs, building fabric repair, plumbing works etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a level 3 electrical qualification
- IEE wiring regulations 17th edition (ideally 18th edition)
- Have City & Guilds 2391 for Inspection & Testing
- Gained a minimum of 2 years’ experience post qualification.
- Ideally multi-skilled in various FM related disciplines with in-depth knowledge of either Building Maintenance or Control Engineering systems.
- Working at Height (with rescue)
- Legionella Awareness
- IOSH Working Safely
- Asbestos Awareness
- Be able to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends and bank holidays with the ability to respond positively to change.
- Have an awareness of office based IT systems for report writing.
- Is a reliable person with the willingness to learn and develop oneself.
- Is capable of integrating into an existing team, demonstrating the ability to work both alone and as a team member.
- Can demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the commercial market place.