Reports to: Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Assist the Head Chef to ensure food production is of the highest standard.
- Ensuring compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
- To liaise with the Sales and Hospitality team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
- Assist the Head Chef and ensure that all areas are set up for forthcoming events.
- Actively assist in the management of kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
- To ensure all available resources are used to their optimum to ensure a smoothly run and profitable operation.
- To ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- To work in partnership with all other F&B departments to ensure best available resources are available.
- To work closely with the Food & Beverage Management team to deliver food to our customer requirements.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Professional catering qualifications and training within the industry preferably with previous experience within a similar environment.
- Be aware of current industry trends.
- The ability to operate unsupervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic & desire to learn.
How to Apply
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to: email@example.com
TECA are hosting a recruitment evening on Tuesday 12 March, for all those interested in a career at the brand new venue.
Careers will be available in various areas of the business including events, hospitality, operations and food & beverage.
This is a free drop in event, taking place at AECC, Bridge of Don on Tuesday 12 March 2019 from 4pm – 8pm, all are welcome, no need to pre register.