CAREERS AT SMG EUROPE
Head Chef - first direct Arena Leeds
Title: Head Chef, first direct arena and Ancillary Venues.
Location: first direct arena, Leeds
Reporting to: Head of Food & Beverage
To manage the kitchens and kitchen teams to ensure that all customers receive a first class food experience. To ensure all financial budgetary requirements as set by the company are met. To adhere to all regulatory Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and promote best practice.
1. Creating menus to the high quality expected ensuring all food production is of the highest standard.
2. Sourcing quality food and kitchenware.
3. Providing financial information and stock figures as required.
4. Training and developing the kitchen and organizing staff rotas.
5. Assisting the Management in optimizing all revenue streams to maintain sales growth.
6. Ensuring compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
7. Promoting and enhancing the profile of the arenas catering provision within all relevant industry and hospitality circles.
8. To liaise with the Sales and Hospitality team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
9. To recruit and develop a kitchen team.
10. Assisting with all administrative duties including good received notes and correct invoicing.
11. To plan events and ensure that all areas are set up for forthcoming events.
12. To manage kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning and suitable
levels/ranges of stock are in place.
13. To ensure all available resources are used to their optimum to ensure a smoothly run and profitable operation.
14. To ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to.
15. To work in partnership with all other arena departments to ensure best available resources are available.
16. To work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager on kiosk menu and cleanliness of all concourse Food and Beverage.
17. To undertake any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
• Professional catering qualifications and training within the industry preferably with previous experience within a similar environment.
• A proven track record and strong development through your career will express drive, success and passion for the position.
• Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
• Show flair and imagination in menu design and an enthusiasm for innovative ideas.
• Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of food.
• Be aware of current industry trends.
• Polished customer service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative.
• Experience in organizing hospitality and functions.
• Supervisory experience.
• Excellent leadership skills and the ability to operate unsupervised.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good organizational skills.
• Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends and evenings and public holidays.
• There will be a requirement to work and travel at other SMG venue’s dependant on the first direct Arena’s event schedule.
How to apply
Please download and complete the Application Form and the Diversity Monitoring Form.
Submit your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants only will be invited for interview.
02 May 2017