CAREERS AT SMG EUROPE
Security Patrol Officer - Manchester Arena
To provide the highest standards of custodial security services to both internal and external customers.
• To provide safe access and maintain a high level of customer service to all guests and visitors ensuring a polite and courteous manner is adopted, whilst sustaining a strict security policy to ensure that unidentified personnel cannot enter the facilities.
• To patrol the facilities internally/externally on a regular basis to ensure that the building is secure, undamaged, that all health and safety objectives are being met and any risks reported to the Duty Control Room Operator.
• To monitor and operate the control room systems such as CCTV video DVR’s, lighting computer, intruder alarm, fire alarm and BMS system, and in an incident, assist the DCRO as instructed.
• To maintain communication through the radio
• Responsible for the receipt of goods and deliveries to facilities, ensuring that correct paperwork is obtained, and the relevant departments informed, whilst remaining vigilant in case of a suspect package.
• To be fully conversant with the Company’s security and safety procedures and make decisions or referrals as appropriate
• To provide cover for the Control Room Operators and carry out other duties as assigned by them
• To provide assistance to other departments as required
The candidate must possess the following:
• Previous Control Room experience essential
• Familiarity with CCTV monitoring and communication systems
• Knowledge of how to monitor building and technical control systems
• Licensed under the SIA or be prepared to work towards the qualification
• Flexibility due to the operation of a rotating 3 on 3 off shift pattern (including nights)
Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work in a team
Ability to use judgement
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY
How to apply
Please download and complete the Application Form and the Diversity Monitoring Form.
Submit your completed forms to email@example.com.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: Midnight, Friday 27 April 2017.
27 Apr 2017